Friday, April 30, 2010

TEENAGE ADVICE!!!***OK, this one is tricky guys!!!*** Help if you can....?

Im 19 years old (TURNING 20 in FEB) and live with my grand parents while I attend college out of state. I have had a B.F. for 6 months now, and they have agreed to allow us to go to a concert out of town. Now, normally my curfew is 10PM EVEN ON THE WEEKENDS!...but they have agreed to allow me to stay out until 2am to go out with him that night. I dont want to come home! I want to get a motel room and stay the night...Im OLD ENOUGH DAMNIT! How do convince them (or trick them) into letting me? this is tricky guys b/c these are the type of grandparents who would COME GET ME if vwe broke down...so that excuse is out...help!TEENAGE ADVICE!!!***OK, this one is tricky guys!!!*** Help if you can....?
Respect those that you live with. Do not try to trick them, it will show your immaturity and thus defeat the purpose. Rather, agree with them, do what they say, show your maturity and next time, they will trust you with more. Remember, they are strict because they LOVE you, and you do not want to violate that in any way.TEENAGE ADVICE!!!***OK, this one is tricky guys!!!*** Help if you can....?
given your age, and the fact your in college, you should work out a better arangment.





I would recommend you move out.





You need to tell them that you will be staying out later, and also not coming home some nights. You are a adult.





At the same time respect what they say, you are afterall living in thier home.





You have to work something out.
Apparently, the terms of living with your grandparents include your obeying their curfews. Since you have agreed to obey, either explicitly or implicitly by accepting lodging, you must do your best to obey.





Motel rooms are usually available for occupancy around 3:00 p.m., and don't have to be vacated until noon. You could copulate for hours before your 10:00 p.m. deadline and again the next day till noon.





For the long term, you will have to obey the rules, renegotiate, or move out. You can't have it both ways honestly.
If you want to be treated as an adult, you'll have to act like one. That means dealing with them honestly. If your home/school situation will be placed in jeopardy by demanding more freedom, then you must choose what's most important to you, living with your grandparents or partying.
They are kind enough to let you live with them. Don't abuse their hospitality by lying to them. When you live on your own you can do what you want.
Schneb is right. You don't want to trick them. If you want to be independent and stupid, then move out. If your grandparents didn't love you, they would care what you did and want you home by 10 pm.


There aren't too many legitimate things to do after 10 pm.
Well you're over 18 so my advice would be to just tell them what you're going to do. Be rational and tell them that you might have a beer or 6 and that you'd feel safer not driving home.





Grandparents are generally a little more understanding than parents are [im a parent of a daughter, and i probably wouldn't have a problem with it]. I mean it's the 21st century....
I know its tough but you should respect your grandparents. As long as u live under their roof u need to abide by their rules. Maybe its time for you to move out.
Oooooh... tis tricky. Tell them a girlfriend coming and your sleeping over at theirs? Will that work?


Charlie XOX
What is worst: Having to follow their rules that they place on you because they love you are concerned about your safety, or having to find a place on your own to live and paying rent, electric and gas bills, food for the table, etc.





Get home by 2 AM and don't have them worry about you. You'll feel bad for a lot longer if you lied to them than if you can't spend the night with your bf.
Well, you could just not show up ,make them worry endlessly, come home the next day to find they've lost all trust and respect for you OR you could come to the adult decision (you did say you were an adult right) and respect their wishes and be grateful that they were generous enough to allow you 3 extra hours of time with your boyfriend. If you show them once they can trust you out till that hour chances are they will allow it again. Be a grown up please....make the right decision!
I had this trouble with my parents when I was your age (I'm 26 now) Basically I just didn't even bother as I had gotten caught before. It was much better in a couple of years after I was out of college and living on my own. Hey-I got to do whatever I wanted to and finally got it out of my system. I learned in the long run that it wasn't that much fun at all and it just seemed fun because it was ';forbidden';

No comments:

Post a Comment